Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
In-progress Highway Systems & Work / Re: usaak (Alaska State Highways)
« Last post by yakra on Today at 02:28:25 pm »
No need to write my own utility; I can just use QGIS to save a layer in floating-point format.
With a couple other recent tweaks to the GISplunge code, ripping records from Alaska is now possible.
In case you're interested: https://github.com/yakra/HighwayData/tree/SegDump/hwy_data/AK/SegDump
I can produce more if you'd like.
Plenty of points here; you can load it up in WPTedit, switch to OSM, Google, satellite, or whatever view, and cherry-pick points to your heart's content.
The only real drawback is too much of a good thing -- with 29869 waypoints in one file & 18659 in the other, it would be a bit much for WPTedit to handle at once. I'd recommend loading in a few hundred or thousand, whatever your computer can handle.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: NC: New I-73 segment opening 5/19
« Last post by mapmikey on Yesterday at 01:11:05 pm »
Unless anyone objects, I can make everything actual I-73 when the next segment opens soon...
Updates to Highway Data / Re: SC: Suggested Waypoint for US21
« Last post by mapmikey on Yesterday at 01:06:52 pm »
sure...submitted
Adjusted the waypoint names...

Thanks-
Updates to Highway Data / Re: WV: US52/King Coal Hwy cluster****
« Last post by mapmikey on Yesterday at 12:54:46 pm »
You could also just treat it as a separate primary segment like you would a state route with multiple segments - the fact that the intent is to have US 52 follow this routing and decommission the other one at some point could be viewed as not relevant.  If they had numbered the new piece WV 452 as a place holder there would be no question what to do.  They just elected to save some sign money by putting up what the route will actually be someday...
Updates to Highway Data / Re: WV: US52/King Coal Hwy cluster****
« Last post by rickmastfan67 on Yesterday at 03:38:12 am »
My suggestion is to leave things as they are for now.

My interpretation of the signage as seen in GMSV is that it clearly shows US 52 still following its original routing. There are no signs suggesting US 52 follows the "new" routing at the intersection of US 52 and WV 44, at the intersection of US 52 and WV 65, or at the intersection of either WV 44 and WV 65 at King Coal Highway. There are no US 52 shields along either supposed concurrency as well. All there are are US 52 reassurance shields along King Coal Highway.

Seems to me these signs were posted pre-emptively in anticipation of US 52 being rerouted in the future... but that hasn't actually happened so their presence is in error. Rather like all the I-86 shields in New York that are exposed along what is not yet (and may never be) I-86.

Problem is, that the WVDOT county maps clearly show the 'old' route as CR-252/57 now.  And the map is as-of August '17.
ftp://gis.transportation.wv.gov/GISCountyMaps/MingoSHEET%202WB.pdf
Updates to Highway Data / Re: MA3A point suggestion
« Last post by yakra on November 16, 2017, 10:55:47 pm »
or because they wanted to go to downtown Quincy
On the map, it looks like a bit of a functional business route, if not an official or signed one. Useful point, IMO. In it goes.
https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/1709
Other Discussion / Re: Overall clinched total in single-route view
« Last post by Jim on November 15, 2017, 01:50:30 pm »
I believe everything we need is there in the DB, just a matter of getting together the code to pull it out and display it. 

I don't expect to have a chance to get into the web front end code any time soon but I'd try my best to look at any pull requests if someone wants to make an attempt.
Solved Highway data updates / Re: WV: WV-10 reroute in Logan, WV
« Last post by rickmastfan67 on November 15, 2017, 10:58:33 am »
Note there is a WV 17 Truck - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Virginia_Route_17 - located along old WV 10 and loops back around to WV 17 bypassing a very low underpass.

Noted, will deal with it when I get to WV-17 in the state highway re-centering project.

WV-17 Truck (Stollings) now submitted.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: WV: Operation recenter
« Last post by rickmastfan67 on November 15, 2017, 10:56:34 am »
Cleanups of WV-14 to WV-17 have just been submitted. https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/1705
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10