Author Topic: NY 352 in Elmira  (Read 3072 times)

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
NY 352 in Elmira
« on: January 19, 2017, 11:24:07 pm »
Seems the info in the Traffic Data Report, TDV, and NYSDOT shapefiles just inventory the routes in one primary direction, with one-way pairs not (fully?) acknowledged. Others (vdeane? froggie? Jim?) have probably spent a lot more time with these sources and know more about their conventions and quirks.

It looks like eastbound NY 352 is not carried on Water St all the way to NY17 as shown in the HB (Water/Church couplet), but rather that it jogs north on Madison Ave, then follows Church St to NY17.
Some signage may have changed around 2013-2014, but it's tough to get a complete picture from GMSV, with a lot of imagery still dating from 2012-2013.
I'm betting that the westbound route is still carried on Church St.

vdeane/others, do you have the scoop on where NY352 goes at its east end?
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline vdeane

• Last Login:Yesterday at 09:23:42 pm
    • New York State Roads
Re: NY 352 in Elmira
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 03:55:48 pm »
Yeah, they do.  I know some work has been done with RIS to meet federal requirements, but I'm not sure if or how quickly that will propagate out.  I do know that data services is still ironing out the kinks from that change (it makes calculating things such as mileage a pain in the rear).  That said, your assessment of NY 352 is a conclusion I came too when looking at either the traffic data report or something else a while ago, so I'd go with it.  I plan on re-clinching that section of NY 352 on Church Street the next time I'm there, since technically my "clinch" was on Water Street.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Re: NY 352 in Elmira
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 11:28:58 pm »
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca