Author Topic: New Travels and Stats Discussion  (Read 2103 times)

Offline Eth

• Last Login:Today at 09:10:57 am
Re: New Travels and Stats Discussion
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2017, 08:41:32 am »
I decided to go on a three-hour drive this afternoon and clinch ON 23 and ON7Wat (the first user for both of these). The weather was to good to pass up the opportunity :)
Your post reminded me to check and see that I'm the only driver for ME188. :)

I've got a couple of those lurking in Wyoming. WYO 77 and WYO 196.

Now that I've finally added in my GA state collection, I have a few too - not counting various short auxiliary routes, I'm the only driver for GA84 and the only one to have clinched GA142 and (naturally) GA155.

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:47:14 pm
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2017, 11:49:52 pm »
I maintain my list in a MS Word (2013) file. Ever since I found a workaround for the hidden character issue, I haven't worried about fixing the problem. I suppose I should deal with it at some point. Maybe now is the time.

Try Notepad++.  That's what I use to edit my list file and wpt while I'm working with them offline.

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:36:45 am
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2017, 09:32:46 am »
I just use regular Notepad.  Much simpler.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 02:39:46 am
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2017, 01:40:33 pm »
I just use regular Notepad.  Much simpler.

You cannot view hidden characters like bejacob had 

Notepad++ is MUCH better than Notepad. Undo with more than 1 step, compare, duplicate,...

However, Notepad should usually be good enough for editing list files.

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 08:33:59 am
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2017, 01:34:53 am »
I limped home Thursday evening from a week-and-a-half long road trip, on a sidewinding route through most of the southeastern states. Major route clinches included US 72, US 78, and US 301 (had been missing a very short segment long closed for interchange reconstruction), as well as the entire Natchez Trace Parkway from near Nashville to southwestern Mississippi (not yet mappable in TM, it's in an in-dev national parks roads system).

Some other objectives of the trip were to gauge whether I've recovered enough from my eye surgery in February to do road trips this summer before I go in for more surgery in the autumn, and also whether my car had recovered enough from last summer's breakdowns to be trusted for travel outside my local area. The first objective was met, and it was looking good on the second through day 8. Bur car problems on days 9 and 10 (including apparent recurrence of one of last summer's problems) leave the second an open question. I'll wait until the mechanics are done fixing my car, before planning additional travels for this year.

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 12:03:08 am
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2017, 08:05:26 am »
Bur car problems on days 9 and 10 (including apparent recurrence of one of last summer's problems) leave the second an open question. I'll wait until the mechanics are done fixing my car, before planning additional travels for this year.
Rent one!

Good to know your vision has recovered.
Clinched:

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 08:33:59 am
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2017, 03:00:28 am »
Bur car problems on days 9 and 10 (including apparent recurrence of one of last summer's problems) leave the second an open question. I'll wait until the mechanics are done fixing my car, before planning additional travels for this year.
Rent one!

I hate dealing with rental car agencies, about as much as I hate air travel. Besides, I have another vehicle, just that it's a gas hog pickup truck I'd rather not use for long trips.

I got my Prius back from the mechanic yesterday. It seems its problem was one of the more unusual ones, that it has two water pumps, and the second one (for the separate hybrid inverter cooling system) was emitting impending failure codes. Now that's been replaced, I feel comfortable trying at least one more road trip in the Prius.

Good to know your vision has recovered.

Thanks! To be clear, the non-operated eye still is weak for reading vision, so it'll need its own cataract removal surgery, after summer travel season is over.