Author Topic: Clinched Highways Screen Multi-state Highways  (Read 4945 times)

Offline Ib3kii

• Milwaukeye
  • Last Login:January 12, 2023, 02:02:21 pm
  • I want to be the first one to collect them all!
    • Travel Mapping User Page
Clinched Highways Screen Multi-state Highways
« on: June 06, 2016, 06:03:55 pm »
Dear viewer,

As of right now, if you clicked on your clinched routes, and you click on a multi-state route, you are only sent to one state which comes first in alphabetical order. Will the newer version of the site allow people to see the entire route when they click on the highway?

Thanks,
-The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step... on the gas.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:14:53 pm
Re: Clinched Highways Screen Multi-state Highways
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 09:20:38 pm »
Dear viewer,

As of right now, if you clicked on your clinched routes, and you click on a multi-state route, you are only sent to one state which comes first in alphabetical order. Will the newer version of the site allow people to see the entire route when they click on the highway?

Thanks,

I have not made any changes to that behavior, but let's leave this topic open as a reminder for me (or someone) to check it out when time permits.

Offline Ib3kii

• Milwaukeye
  • Last Login:January 12, 2023, 02:02:21 pm
  • I want to be the first one to collect them all!
    • Travel Mapping User Page
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 09:38:07 pm »
Thank you.
-The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step... on the gas.

Offline theFXexpert

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:June 30, 2023, 02:59:08 pm
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 11:42:31 am »
Random brainstorming:
Either we link the shields to mapview http://tm.teresco.org/user/mapview.php?u=thefxexpert&rte=I-10
or we can link it to a page like this -> http://cmap.m-plex.com/stat/highway.php?u=thefxexpert&r=al.i010

While great for finding related routes, the downside of simply linking to mapview using the rte parameter is that it includes extra routes that aren't the exactly what one might be expecting/wanting (business etc... routes are included) Also if one clicks on a business interstate route through system.php with no rg specified it will go to the same mapview.php?rte=I-10 page which includes the main route plus all of the other business routes. There are also no combined stats in mapview.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 01:20:34 pm »
While great for finding related routes, the downside of simply linking to mapview using the rte parameter is that it includes extra routes that aren't the exactly what one might be expecting/wanting (business etc... routes are included) Also if one clicks on a business interstate route through system.php with no rg specified it will go to the same mapview.php?rte=I-10 page which includes the main route plus all of the other business routes. There are also no combined stats in mapview.
some related brainstorming
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline Thing342

• Computer Guy
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:June 08, 2017, 10:58:40 pm
  • V.T.C.S.
    • Personal Page
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 06:35:24 pm »
I've started working on something similar in a (hopefully) upcoming pull request, stay tuned...