Author Topic: Project Statistics  (Read 135407 times)

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 07:53:11 pm
Re: Project Statistics
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2017, 10:30:20 pm »
Hit mine just in active only.  Finally updated some of my lists (namely Virginia...still only partway through that).

Offline bejacob

• Last Login:March 26, 2024, 02:31:28 pm
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2017, 10:17:35 am »
I'm looking to hit 100,000 miles in active systems this year. Already there in active +preview. Not sure where I'll be driving yet. I have some around Omaha in August. I keep planning to "sneak"  ;) across the state line into Indiana to clinch my last couple segments of I-69 between Indianapolis and Fort Wayne. I've mainly been collecting counties west of the Mississippi this year, so travels closer to home have been minimal. On the plus side, I'll be picking up a bunch of mileage in Wales at the end of summer.

I think I can pick up another 1,800 miles in active systems this year. We'll see. It's good to have goals.  :)

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 04:37:32 pm
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2017, 12:27:37 pm »
I'm looking to hit 100,000 miles in active systems this year. Already there in active +preview. Not sure where I'll be driving yet. I have some around Omaha in August. I keep planning to "sneak"  ;) across the state line into Indiana to clinch my last couple segments of I-69 between Indianapolis and Fort Wayne. I've mainly been collecting counties west of the Mississippi this year, so travels closer to home have been minimal. On the plus side, I'll be picking up a bunch of mileage in Wales at the end of summer.

I think I can pick up another 1,800 miles in active systems this year. We'll see. It's good to have goals.  :)

No interest in clinching usaoh? Cheapest way to 100,000.  :D  Or, in your case, 108,000.
Clinched:

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2017, 03:28:30 am »
I might go to New Hampshire again some day...  ::)

On a more serious note, one of these days I'm going to have to pick off some of the last of the low-hanging fruit in York/Cumberland/Oxford counties. I know that @deathtopumpkins has more USAME mileage than me... Just how much, I'm not certain, as there are a few broken lines in his .list file for recently updated routes. And, well -- this simply will not do.  8)
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline bejacob

• Last Login:March 26, 2024, 02:31:28 pm
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2017, 08:34:17 am »

No interest in clinching usaoh? Cheapest way to 100,000.  :D  Or, in your case, 108,000.

Interest, yes. Inclination, not at the moment.

I'm working on it from time to time. I've covered all the routes in Franklin county (where I live) and in all the adjacent counties with the exception of OH47 in Union county. I've even driven a fair bit of the counties that touch those surrounding counties.  I'll probably work on the remaining usaus routes in OH first picking up whichever usaoh routes I can in the process.

My travel priorities are
  • County collecting, specifically visiting county seats
  • usai
  • usaib, usaus
  • usausb
  • any other routes/segments I can drive
County seat visit always take precedence. In the last couple years, I've factored in highway clinching to my travels. They do tend to dovetail reasonably well. I've still got a ways to go on collecting counties http://www.mob-rule.com/user/bejacob. I know many TM users understand. :D

Offline sipes23

• Last Login:August 19, 2019, 12:44:31 am
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2017, 10:51:26 pm »
I might go to New Hampshire again some day...  ::)

On a more serious note, one of these days I'm going to have to pick off some of the last of the low-hanging fruit in York/Cumberland/Oxford counties. I know that @deathtopumpkins has more USAME mileage than me... Just how much, I'm not certain, as there are a few broken lines in his .list file for recently updated routes. And, well -- this simply will not do.  8)

It distresses me that I'm in 5th place in Maine. Of course, being in Wyoming isn't helping that situation. It also distresses me that I'm not in 1st place in Wyoming. I suspect that will be rectified by the end of the summer--unless Spui Ninja really racks up the miles.

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:38:25 am
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2017, 11:26:14 am »
It distresses me that I'm in 5th place in Maine. Of course, being in Wyoming isn't helping that situation. It also distresses me that I'm not in 1st place in Wyoming. I suspect that will be rectified by the end of the summer--unless Spui Ninja really racks up the miles.

Come at me bro!  ;D

I guess it makes more sense for you to be 1st in WY since you live there; I only live REALLY REALLY close to WY (i.e. I can go for a run in WY at home even though I live in SD).
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Rothman

• Last Login:December 15, 2023, 02:27:00 pm
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2017, 02:14:41 pm »
A tangential note looking at the 158 users that have clinched interstate mileage:

The state in which the highest number of users that have clinched some interstate mileage is Pennsylvania: 133.  Not surprising, but I could think of other states I might have guessed as well (Ohio, Illinois or Texas).

Puerto Rico has the lowest at 12.  Alaska's at 18.  Hawaii = 26.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 02:09:10 pm
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2017, 10:54:09 pm »
With a couple new preview systems we are now over 1 million clinchable miles!  Thanks to all who contribute.  That's an amazing number.

Have to say I really like seeing my usanp travels on my maps!

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2017, 10:54:06 pm »
With 2 new activations tonight, we are at 200 active systems!  Thanks to all who have made this possible.  It looks like we had 97 active systems when we brought over CHM data a few years ago.  I continue to be amazed by and very grateful to all of you who continue to expand and improve our highway data.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 04:44:01 pm
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2017, 03:41:43 am »
The last 15 systems are from Si.

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:42:46 pm
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2017, 05:40:38 am »
Really? Certainly usatn, islth and swel weren't that long ago (swel was the 14th most recent by my count, islth the 15th, usatn the 16th). The last 13, sure!

I guess it helps to have had lots of small and simple systems ready and waiting for a binge of peer-review from you. Also, it's been a month since I peer-reviewed something, so I better get on that.

The system binge will dry up soon as our 'Tier 4' drive is nearly over. 2 Canadian Provinces, 5 US States and 1 US Territory on Preview, 1 Canadian Province, 4 US States and 1 US Territory not there yet. 5 European countries on Preview and 3 not there yet.

Sure there's a few other things (Europe Tier 5, things like New York Parkways, National Park Highways, etc), and there's always Asia, Africa and Australia, but we're slowly moving towards a point where the project is almost entirely maintenance and not much creation.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 05:57:12 am by si404 »

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 04:44:01 pm
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2017, 05:51:19 am »
Really? Certainly usatn, islth and swel weren't that long ago (swel was the 14th most recent by my count, islth the 15th, usatn the 16th). The last 13, sure!

Ok, I've counted asiah 3 times because there are 3 system update entries for Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan...

Offline Ib3kii

• Milwaukeye
  • Last Login:January 12, 2023, 02:02:21 pm
  • I want to be the first one to collect them all!
    • Travel Mapping User Page
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2017, 10:11:24 am »
The state in which the highest number of users that have clinched some interstate mileage is Pennsylvania: 133.
I find it funny I've never even been near Pennsylvania. I should probably head east sometime...
-The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step... on the gas.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2017, 10:43:15 pm »
At the moment, we have exactly 23,000 routes in active systems.