Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Updates to Highway Data / Re: MD: Scenic US 40 Question
« Last post by cockroachking on Yesterday at 09:41:57 pm »
MDOT SHA GIS shows that MD144 as mapped is correct In GSV, I only see the one US-40 Scenic End sign disputing what is mapped, so I guess SHA/Washington County just put it in the wrong place.

Thus, I would vote "no-build."
R49:
Jac: This road is signed as 139. I don’t know if there is/are (a) letter(s) that ought to precede it.
R50:
Missing a point at M23 (De Villabois Mareuil Drive) between M10 and M31.
RieView: Should be SinDr.
+X358400: Could be replaced by a visible point at K175.
+X789458: R50 has been realigned to allow the expansion of a coal mine.
+X800686: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road signed for Kendal.
+X270289: The first intersection south of this point may meet the bare minimum definition of an interchange.
+X226384: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road signed for Charl Cilliers.
+X428549: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road signed for Cedarmont.
+X564370: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road signed for Bosmanskrans and Holmdene.
+X306490: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road signed for Vlakfontein.
+X383488: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road signed for Elmtree.
Missing a point at R546_N, just west of R39.
R51:
+X572431: Could be replaced by a visible point at OakRd.
AloeRd: Should be DurRd_N or GelRd_S.
Missing a point at M56 (Hospital Road) between R29_W and R29_E.
Missing a point at M46 (South Main Reef Road) between R29_E and R554.
M63_N: Should be M63.
Missing a point at the Plantation Road interchange between M63_N and WitsRd_N.
WitsRd_N: Should be WitRd_N.
PriRd: Should be M45.
M63_S: Is not M63. Should be 3rdLn.
StuSt: Stuart Street has been renamed to Johnny Mokoena Street. Also, I think this point should be split into JohMokSt_E and JohMokSt_W, since southbound R51 traffic heading for R23 eastbound would turn east just before the current StuSt point.
Lee: Should be S27_N.
The southern terminus for R51 is probably wrong. Wikipedia’s route description says it ends at N3, and signs at that interchange switch over to R54. However, OSM and the RDDA match what we have in TM. See below for the evidence for and against R54 being truncated and rerouted to N3 instead of through Villiers.
R52:
Boi: Should be KhuSt.
+X410788: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road signed for Putfontein.
+X133783: This point is quite a ways off the highway.
R509: I think this point should be split into two: BroSt_N and BroSt_S. R52 does not quite intersect R509, and the two streets connecting them are two blocks apart.
R53:
+X137009: Could be replaced with a visible point at this road signed for Grootpan.
+X953816: Could be replaced with a visible point at this road signed for Nooitgedacht.
+X777338: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road signed for Naauwpoort.
+X138892: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road signed for Rooipoortjie.
Consider adding a point between N12 and R500 at Potchefstroom Road, which seems like a major route between Potchefstroom and Vanderbijlpark.
+X966780: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road signed for Lindequesdrift.
+X636344: Could be replaced by a point at this road signed for Venterskroon.
R54:
Ens: This point is just at a grain silo. You could move the point east to this road signed for Eigenaarsfontein and the Fochville train station.
+X536925: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road signed for Rietspuit.
MosRd: Should be M1.
LinRd: Should be M4.
RedRd: Should be M61.
KipRivDr_S: Should be KliRivDr_S.
VaalMar: Should be AncRd.
+X499055: Could be replaced with a visible point at this road signed for Zandfontein and Grootvlei. The point could be labeled ToR51.
Vil: Should be KerkSt.
The southern terminus of R54 is unclear. Wikipedia’s route description says it continues straight on to N3 (what we currently have as the southernmost segment of R51). The RDDA and OSM say R54 turns south through Villiers to R26 (what we currently have in TM). The signs at N3 and the intersection to the west seem to say that R51 ends at N3, R54 continues to N3, and R54 has a spur that proceeds south into Villiers. However, the signs at R26 do not mention R54.
R55:
While the northern terminus of R55 that we have in TM matches the RDDA and Wikipedia’s route description, R55 is signed north from Sarel Avenue and south from Denyssen Avenue.
M2: Should be M22.
R561: Is not R561. Should be M39.
R564_N: Is not R564. Should be M9.
R564_S: Should be R564.
Updates to Highway Data / VA: VA 348
« Last post by Markkos1992 on Yesterday at 03:29:05 pm »
End>-LakeDr or SR703
I was just in Nebraska this weekend and saw this sign along US30 near Sutherland, NE.

While I can't attest to how well the route is signed through the state, there are certainly sections that are concurrent with US30 that are not yet in the HB.

I was curious about the route and found this Lincoln Highway Map which could be useful. It seems to show all the various routings over the years. Maybe it will be helpful to anyone researching this route.

So that sign is for the Nebraska-specific Lincoln Highway "scenic" byway, not for the national route as far as I can tell.

I wasn't paying that much attention as I drove by. I imagine most drivers (myself included) would not notice a difference between the "national route" signs and the "Nebraska-specific" signs. In this case I'm not sure it matters as the section was concurrent with US30, but it could lead to further discussion as to what type of signage is needed for inclusion in the usatr system. I wonder if I've opened a can of worms here.  :P
NatRd goes below the I-70/US 40 lines just west of WooRd even though NatRd is north of I-70/US 40 here.
I was just in Nebraska this weekend and saw this sign along US30 near Sutherland, NE.

While I can't attest to how well the route is signed through the state, there are certainly sections that are concurrent with US30 that are not yet in the HB.

I was curious about the route and found this Lincoln Highway Map which could be useful. It seems to show all the various routings over the years. Maybe it will be helpful to anyone researching this route.

So that sign is for the Nebraska-specific Lincoln Highway "scenic" byway, not for the national route as far as I can tell.
Updates to Highway Data / SC: US 21/SC 5/SC 121 Intersection
« Last post by Markkos1992 on Yesterday at 10:40:03 am »
This intersection on the south side of Rock Hill needs to be reconfigured to show what OSM shows now.  GSV already has this shown. 
Updates to Highway Data / Re: VA: US 23 Corridor Point Concerns
« Last post by mapmikey on Yesterday at 07:58:04 am »
adjustments made
Updates to Highway Data / Re: VA: US-121 now posted
« Last post by mapmikey on Yesterday at 07:37:27 am »
There's a 3rd way that requires no updates entry...
Updates to Highway Data / Re: NC: I-40 'eastern' end extended?
« Last post by mapmikey on Yesterday at 07:33:17 am »
I-40 extended
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10