Highway Data Discussion > Solved Highway data updates

NH: NH 10 and US 302

(1/2) > >>

Jim:
Heading north/east out of Woodsville, New Hampshire 10 is co-signed with US 302.  TM has 10 ending at the 302 junction.  I turned on NH 112, but the signs for traffic continuing from there still showed both NH 10 and US 302.

yakra:
http://clinched.s2.bizhat.com/viewtopic.php?p=5931&mforum=clinched#5931
http://clinched.s2.bizhat.com/viewtopic.php?p=5922&mforum=clinched#5922 :)

froggie:
Cosigned all the way to I-93 in Littleton.  Now, whether one believes the relatively recent signage or the NH route log Eric referenced in that CHM thread, that is the question.

yakra:

--- Quote from: froggie on January 14, 2018, 12:28:18 pm ---Cosigned all the way to I-93 in Littleton.  Now, whether one believes the relatively recent signage
--- End quote ---
What I see in the latest GMSV is the same as I saw on my trip through in May 2008.
Cosigned all the way to I-93 in Littleton, yes; even as far as NH US302 NH18_N.
...And then the trail goes cold. Over here, no mention.

I'm not against extending NH10 per se; I'd just want to be sure that if we do, it's well-considered & well-founded, to a sensible point, and not something we'd end up walking back later on.

--- Quote from: froggie on January 14, 2018, 12:28:18 pm ---or the NH route log Eric referenced in that CHM thread, that is the question.
--- End quote ---
The roadgeek.org reference can be found on archive.org.
Wikipedia's cite, ISTR was never, even then, something I was able to access or view, and I just included it in the CHM thread to say "Hey, here's the source of that info."
What's Wikipedia's cite now? The GRANIT shapefiles. Thus I can't really call their figure of 122.476 mi definitive -- NH10 may have higher mileage than that, which just won't be shown in the file due to US302's mileage being shown instead.

What DO I see in the shapefiles? There's the STREET_ALI attribute, which stores route numbers carried by a particular segment of roadway.
• Main St is "NH 10,NH 18,US 302"
• US302 is "NH 10,NH 116,NH 18,US 302" (with a little "NH 10,NH 142,US 302" thrown in, right where you'd expect) right up to the NH18/116 split.
• "NH 10,US 302" right up to US3, ending there. Plain as day.
So it's pretty clear that at least in some capacity, NH10 officially goes to US3 in Twin Mountain / Carroll.
Damn that gaping lack of signage, though. >:( Annoyingly puts this somewhat into "unsigned routes" territory.

May the discussion continue...

the_spui_ninja:
OK, looked a bit, and found signage for NH 10 at the eastern I-93 interchange in 2008 but not in 2014 (you have to look kinda through the grass).

I'm not sure if this will help or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version