Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Updates to Highway Data / Re: NC: NC 16 TRUCK (Newton)
« Last post by mapmikey on Today at 07:18:42 am »
hmmm...this has been here at least 16 years...

route added
Updates to Highway Data / Re: AASHTO SCOH USRN 2022 Meetings
« Last post by mapmikey on Today at 07:03:17 am »
I may be able to check on US 258 BUS (Farmville, NC) in a week or so if I follow my current route plan for the Smithfield's Chicken-N-BBQ trip with my mom.

Still posted fully along with NC 121 as of yesterday.

This is not surprising...US 70-258 Bus is still (as of summer 2022) posted in Kinston despite being axed in 2020.

Looks like the US 258 BUS Deletion affected NC 121 after all (https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?msg=2920508).

NC 121 changes made
Updates to Highway Data / Re: MI: Add Points
« Last post by mapcat on Yesterday at 10:42:54 pm »
Okay, thanks. I stand corrected. Nevertheless, that intersection is too close to the other one to justify adding a point there. The other point is 1/8 mile away.
I was just in Nebraska this weekend and saw this sign along US30 near Sutherland, NE.

While I can't attest to how well the route is signed through the state, there are certainly sections that are concurrent with US30 that are not yet in the HB.

I was curious about the route and found this Lincoln Highway Map which could be useful. It seems to show all the various routings over the years. Maybe it will be helpful to anyone researching this route.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: AASHTO SCOH USRN 2022 Meetings
« Last post by Markkos1992 on Yesterday at 07:45:13 pm »
I may be able to check on US 258 BUS (Farmville, NC) in a week or so if I follow my current route plan for the Smithfield's Chicken-N-BBQ trip with my mom.

Still posted fully along with NC 121 as of yesterday.

This is not surprising...US 70-258 Bus is still (as of summer 2022) posted in Kinston despite being axed in 2020.

Looks like the US 258 BUS Deletion affected NC 121 after all (https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?msg=2920508).
Updates to Highway Data / MD: MD387 point request
« Last post by Mr_Matté on Yesterday at 07:15:51 pm »
In Annapolis, may I request a point on MD387 at Hilltop Lane (38.96686,-76.51294)? I did happen to turn onto it at that location over the weekend and also seems logical as Hilltop is the end of the divided portion of Forest Drive (former MD 665) and is a shortcut towards the capitol/Eastpoint from there.
I recently had a PM asking why mexd is not being updated. Can we please get this taken care of?
Updates to Highway Data / Re: MI: Add Points
« Last post by shiggins on Yesterday at 03:13:48 pm »
Right turns are actually permitted directly from U.S. 24/Telegraph northbound onto Business U.S. 24/Square Lake. That corner of the intersection has been rounded off quite a bit to permit right turns (Contrast it with how pointy the opposite corner of the intersection is.), and you can see from the wear/rubber accumulation on the pavement that quite a lot of people turn right there instead of at Franklin.

A small piece of evidence in favor of extremebandman's argument that Franklin ought to be treated as a separate intersection: The signs directing people to turn right on Franklin say TO Business U.S. 24, while the "TO" is omitted from the signs for the southbound jughandle.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10