Author Topic: New check: making sure all routes are in a connected route  (Read 3708 times)

Online Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:59:54 pm
Not sure where best to post this, so I'll put it here.

The MB 45 error reported and fixed recently was caused by missing entries in a _con.csv file.  I've added a new check in the site update script to make sure every route is listed in some connected route's "root" list, and adds less than a second to the site update time.  Amazingly, only two such errors were found from among over 31,000 routes in TM!

The following should be addressed, I expect by adding a couple entries to chng_con.csv.

Code: [Select]
Check FAILED: 31457 routes != 31455 connected route roots.
ERROR: route chnnx.g22 not matched by any connected route root.
ERROR: route chngz.g76 not matched by any connected route root.

I'm not sure if I'll just leave this as an error message in the site update log (which likely means I'd have to notice, but means no further code development to do it) or get these into the datacheck page (more code development).

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:02:45 pm
Re: New check: making sure all routes are in a connected route
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 04:27:35 am »
I'm not sure if I'll just leave this as an error message in the site update log (which likely means I'd have to notice, but means no further code development to do it) or get these into the datacheck page (more code development).

I think it should be added to the datacheck page one day. However, I think that the priority is quite low right now. I think you should open an issue on GitHub so that it won't get lost.

Online Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:59:54 pm
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 03:21:55 pm »
Turns out it was simple enough to add a datacheck entry type for this. I'm running an update now that should show the 2 errors we have right now as ROUTE_NOT_IN_CONNECTED errors on the main datacheck page.  It should be done in about 25 minutes.

One downside I see to this approach is that both active and preview routes currently have pages and pages of datacheck errors (many of which I think need some high priority attention) so these errors, which actually cause incorrect mapping and stats reporting as we saw with the canmb example, might be lost in the noise.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:02:45 pm
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 03:34:41 pm »
ROUTE_NOT_IN_CONNECTED

Thanks. However, I think we need a manual describing the possible errors and how to fix them, e.g. "the specified route has no entry in any *_con.csv file which is required to ..........".

To be honest, I still don't understand (or forgot) what 'HIDDEN_JUNCTION' or 'VISIBLE_HIDDEN_COLOC' mean and how to fix them... (my regions currently don't have these issues though)

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 07:43:02 pm
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 05:30:39 pm »
I've fixed the outstanding errors.