Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Ah, BC 97. That route was quite the monster when I first drafted it.
6-Month+ Outlook / Dubuque IA Southwest Arterial
« Last post by SSOWorld on Today at 12:20:22 am »
Underway is a project that, when completed, (2-lane 2019, 4-lane TBD based on funding)

short story - US 52 rerouted to IA 136 south to US 20 east to the new road to US 61/151 then north to original junction; drops IA 3 between John Deere Road S and US 61/151 and all of IA-32 from the Northwest Arterial.

Joint effort between city and state.
In-progress Highway Systems & Work / Re: Germany Bundesstra├čen (deub)
« Last post by cinx on Yesterday at 06:30:00 pm »
Where is the B19 from Ulm?
What about B486 to Heidenheim an der Brenz?
In-progress Highway Systems & Work / Re: usawy (Wyoming State Highways)
« Last post by the_spui_ninja on Yesterday at 10:34:26 am »
WY 487:
"US30/287" is slightly to the north. "OilSprRd" is not a road. "X02" is slightly to the north. "LitMedRd" is slightly to the south and is CR 99. "ShiBasAcc", "ShiBasRd", and "ShiRidRd" are not actually roads; CR 2_E is about halfway in between "ShiBasAcc" and "ShiBasRd" and CR2_W is about halfway in between "ShiBasRd" and "ShiRidRd". "X03" is off to the east. "X04" is off to the east. "BatHolTra" is CR 403 and is off to the south. "X05" is off to the southeast. "X06" is off to the east. "BatCreRd" is CR 402 and is off to the west. "X07" is off to the south.

Sources:
http://gis.carbonwy.com/
https://geosmart.casperwy.gov/
In-progress Highway Systems & Work / Re: usava (Virginia State Highways)
« Last post by oscar on March 26, 2017, 05:08:09 pm »
There's an intersection with SR 659 near a shaping point, that perhaps could replace that point.
In-progress Highway Systems & Work / Re: usava (Virginia State Highways)
« Last post by Markkos1992 on March 26, 2017, 03:39:41 pm »
Though this will not affect my .list file, I did notice that there were no points on VA 234 between US 29 and its northern terminus at US 15.
In-progress Highway Systems & Work / Re: Spain Carretera Nacionales (espn)
« Last post by michih on March 26, 2017, 03:13:50 am »
Ok, thanks. N-502a will be submitted soon. I won't add the unsigned N-Va in Talavera de la Reina.
Thanks Oscar. When you and Si are done with the routes I haven't checked yet (I believe there are 9 left), post here and I will finish the review then. My free time is about over for this weekend anyway.
In-progress Highway Systems & Work / Re: canbc (British Columbia Provincial Highways)
« Last post by oscar on March 25, 2017, 07:19:41 pm »
Continuing with some of the longer routes, I hit a wall at BC99. 249 waypoints...can you maybe thin out the unnecessary ones (maybe half of them in Vancouver and Whistler) before I do the review? BC1, BC3, BC16, and BC97 could also use some simplifying. Thanks.

BC16 is an active TCH route (TCHYel) in my domain. I was planning on adding some points here and there west of Prince George, to remove/reduce visible distance errors, but also do some streamlining in the process. Please wait for me to finish that in the next few days.

BC1 is also an active TCH route. in 2012 I added a bunch of points from my GPS receiver in the then-poorly-mapped Fraser Canyon area north of Hope (tipoff is both the lat and lon coordinates end in 0). Some of those points at intersections now mapped in Mapnik might need some adjustments. As for other work on the file, I have a huge backlog of stuff (TM and otherwise) now that I'm mostly recovered from eye surgery, so I was not planning on work on that route anytime soon. I suspect the abundance of waypoints is mostly due to the route's being very long and curvy, so there may not be a lot of room for streamlining over and above what I've already done.

For BC97, I have some GPS-based point additions south of Prince George, to address visible distance errors in the part of the route that has too few rather than two many visible points. It'd be easier to let me insert those new points (and remove shaping points no longer needed after the visible point adds), before any other work is done, to avoid conflicts with me and Si working on the same file at the same time.

Ditto BC113 (my point adds would be in the northern part of the route, but I can address mapcat's suggestions), and BC27 and BC118 (just a few point adds/relocations for each).
Continuing with some of the longer routes, I hit a wall at BC99. 249 waypoints...can you maybe thin out the unnecessary ones (maybe half of them in Vancouver and Whistler) before I do the review? BC1, BC3, BC16, and BC97 could also use some simplifying. Thanks.

BC5A: SumCrkRd -> MisLakeRd; GuiRd -> GulRd; CanRd -> TilRd & off; BC97C -> BC97C_E; KaneValRd off; ColRd off; MonCrkRd -> MonParkRd; OldKamRd_S -> PetRd; OldKamRd_N -> OldKamRd

BC6: PedOreRd -> PendOreRd; RosLakeRd off; PorRicoYmirRd off; PlaRd doesn't connect; KreLowRd -> PasCrkRd; LinRd off; GriAve -> GriRd; BC31A off; OldCemRd -> McCorRd

BC23: Add points @ Blanket Creek Prov Park & Martha Creek PP; McBegRd -> MouBegRd; CarCrkFSR off; ends about 500m farther north per LKI

BC29: 52AAve -> RodWay; CynDr off; DorRd -> DonRd according to OSM

BC31: Add point @ Howser Station Rd; HamDr -> LauRd; OakAve off; BC31A off; CowRd off; AngRd off

BC52: BraRd -> BraRd_N according to OSM; OjayMainRd off; RedBraFSR off (also there's no evidence that this one is actually signed)

BC93: USA/CAN off; BC3 -> BC3_E; KikNewRd -> KikRd; BullRivFSRd -> GalMillRd & off; JafBayLakeRd -> JafBayLakeRd_S; JafBayLRd -> JafBayLakeRd_N; HaHaCrkRd off; MainSt -> FortSteParkRd; WasLakParRd_S & _N -> WasaLakeParkRd_S & _N; KooRivRd off; BarRd -> BraRd; PreLakeRd_S -> SheCrkRd; PreLakeRd_N -> LusRd; GraRd off; ThuHillPP -> FinCrkRd; RivDr -> RivRd_N; DryGulPP -> DryGulCamRd & off; BC95 -> BC95_N; KooNP -> SetRd

BC95: All errors on 93/95 concurrency plus USA/CAN off; BC3 -> BC3_W; YahkPP off; BruSubRd -> BraRd; KikRd -> SunRd; MoyAve -> QueAve; GreBayLakeRd -> MonLakeRd; ToHidValRd -> PeaRd; WatSt -> WatRd; RivRd -> ColRd_S; ColRd -> ColRd_N; CreRd -> ParRvrXing; 13St off; 10Ave -> 10Ave_N

BC97C: Exit numbers don't show up in GMSV so 6 -> Tre Rd; 9 -> ParVal; 22 -> BreMinRd; 41 -> SunMainRd; 53 -> ElkRd; 65 -> LoonLakeRd; BC5A -> BC5A_S; KaneValRd off; ColRd off; BC8 -> BC8_W; BarLakeRd_S -> 432Rd & off; BarLakeRd_N -> BarLakeRd; BarRd -> EvaRd; GovSt off; there's nothing at EleHillPP

BC113: HalAve off; FinLakeRd off; DouRd off; ChuAve off & OSM calls it ChuSt
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10