Author Topic: ISR Freeways: Several Questions  (Read 2411 times)

Offline lkefct

• Last Login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:21 am
ISR Freeways: Several Questions
« on: May 30, 2017, 01:26:21 pm »
1. Having just returned from a trip to Israel, it appears that the F20 extension to F2 (Rishpon Junction) is open at least northbound. (Not sure about southbound as it was dark and I was on a bus as we went through). As I'm not entirely certain where the distinction is at the moment between F-series and M-series roads, perhaps F20 should be extended to F2?

2. Regarding F2: It appears to have full freeway status as far south as F5 as shown by Google Maps and having been on it last week.

3. What of F7? I don't recall any stoplights traveling down the length of the road from highway 3 to F4 outside Ashdod. It's possible that there was one and I didn't notice it (again, bus travel), but most of the Google Street view is from 2012 and a 2014 article (http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4564794,00.html) indicates that improvements were made to full freeway status.

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 08:12:45 am
Re: ISR Freeways: Several Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 06:12:51 am »
1. Having just returned from a trip to Israel, it appears that the F20 extension to F2 (Rishpon Junction) is open at least northbound. (Not sure about southbound as it was dark and I was on a bus as we went through). As I'm not entirely certain where the distinction is at the moment between F-series and M-series roads, perhaps F20 should be extended to F2?
Done
2. Regarding F2: It appears to have full freeway status as far south as F5 as shown by Google Maps and having been on it last week.
Google Maps is wrong. The southern end of the official freeway section - with blue shields and blue signs referring to the route - is at Highway 65. I watched a recent 1x speed video of the route and everything to firm up this conclusion.
3. What of F7? I don't recall any stoplights traveling down the length of the road from highway 3 to F4 outside Ashdod. It's possible that there was one and I didn't notice it (again, bus travel), but most of the Google Street view is from 2012 and a 2014 article (http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4564794,00.html) indicates that improvements were made to full freeway status.
added.

The freeways are not defined by lack of stoplights, or driveways, or being of a certain quality of alignment or whatever, but by legal status and signage.

I've added the rest of the network of highways (1- and 2- digit routes), and will appear as a preview system tonight.

Offline lkefct

• Last Login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:21 am
Re: ISR Freeways: Several Questions
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 08:07:16 am »
Thanks!!