Author Topic: New Travels and Stats Discussion  (Read 1233 times)

Offline bejacob

• Last Login:Today at 07:21:13 am
Re: New Travels and Stats Discussion
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2017, 05:23:03 pm »
Also, any photos of the "unwelcome" sign exiting the airport, warning it is against the law to visit Kalaupapa without a state permit? My webpage on Kalawao County has a quarter-century-old photo of the airport exit sign.

Turns out I did photograph the sign, though only in the context of a larger view of the area. It's probably too small to read, but the white sign on the right side of the road says

NO ENTRY BEYOND
THIS POINT WITHOUT
A VISITOR PERMIT
VIOLATORS ARE
SUBJECT TO ARREST
HRS 326-39

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 06:38:53 pm
Re: New Travels and Stats Discussion
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2017, 06:21:22 pm »
Also, any photos of the "unwelcome" sign exiting the airport, warning it is against the law to visit Kalaupapa without a state permit? My webpage on Kalawao County has a quarter-century-old photo of the airport exit sign.

Turns out I did photograph the sign, though only in the context of a larger view of the area. It's probably too small to read, but the white sign on the right side of the road says

NO ENTRY BEYOND
THIS POINT WITHOUT
A VISITOR PERMIT
VIOLATORS ARE
SUBJECT TO ARREST
HRS 326-39

That text is exactly as it was a quarter-century ago. I'll have to note that on my Kalawao County page.

BTW, I took the mule ride. While I didn't have to dodge all the "mule apples" on the trail, mt jeans were so smelly afterwards that I just left them behind on Molokai before flying off to the next island.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 06:27:11 pm by oscar »