Highway Data Discussion > Solved Highway data updates

DE: US 301 toll road and related changes

(1/4) > >>

Duke87:
As of this writing (2017-12-19) the toll road itself is still under construction. US 301 will need to be moved once it opens, though. Designations for the old road remain to be seen.

That said, there are a couple changes related to this project are already implemented on the ground and the routes in HB need updating to match (unless we want to just wait for the toll road to open to change everything):
DE 299 has been moved to a new alignment adjacent to the road under construction near the state line. It now intersects US 301 at the same intersection as DE 15.
DE 15 has also been moved slightly, the intersection where it meets US 301

mapcat:
Any estimate for when the new route will open?

Jim:
The site update I just launched includes some work in this area by @yakra.  See https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/1780

yakra:

--- Quote from: Duke87 on December 19, 2017, 07:57:40 pm ---DE 299 has been moved to a new alignment adjacent to the road under construction near the state line. It now intersects US 301 at the same intersection as DE 15.
--- End quote ---
Both of these changes are now live in the HB.

--- Quote from: mapcat on December 19, 2017, 09:10:46 pm ---Any estimate for when the new route will open?
--- End quote ---
December 2018.

--- Quote from: Duke87 on December 19, 2017, 07:57:40 pm ---As of this writing (2017-12-19) the toll road itself is still under construction. US 301 will need to be moved once it opens, though. Designations for the old road remain to be seen.
--- End quote ---
All the changes that need to be made now have been, I believe.
Since we can't mark topics as solved in the 6-Month+ Outlook subforum, may as well leave this open until the toll road itself opens.

--

I wonder whether the spur road will become new DE15, with the old route becoming either DE15 or such, or unnumbered roads.

Speaking of the spur road, the interchange they have planned for its north end leaves me scratching my head. It's over-built and under-functional.
• At the south end, the directional split has a yecchy left entrance. I'd expect that the spur hwy would carry more traffic here.
• At the north end, the main thru movements are for 71/896 (and existing 301). Again, I'd expect this to be the other way around.
• Local road accessibility: Right now, traffic can move between DE15 to the west and 301/71/896 to the east. The planned interchange cuts this connection off, needlessly IMO. If someone coming from the DE286 corridor wants to access the Summit Bridge or Airmont Acres communities, ...yeah. Have fun. Why not just...
  - Connect the spur road directly into 301/71/896 to the north. A thru freeway.
  - Connect DE15 directly into 301/71/896 to the east. A thru local road.
  - Parclo interchange, with roundabouts at ramp termini.
  - Tie the northeast segment of Bethel Church Rd into the eastern roundabout, thereby retaining, and improving, a connection that can now only be made in one direction (Bethel Church SW -> 301&c N).

Markkos1992:

--- Quote from: yakra on December 20, 2017, 05:47:57 am ---
--- Quote from: Duke87 on December 19, 2017, 07:57:40 pm ---DE 299 has been moved to a new alignment adjacent to the road under construction near the state line. It now intersects US 301 at the same intersection as DE 15.
--- End quote ---
Both of these changes are now live in the HB.

--- End quote ---

Note that the asterisk for marking OldDE15 as closed on the DE 299 file was omitted.  It is there for DE 15 and US 301.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version