Author Topic: AZ: Central Arizona Issues  (Read 2905 times)

Offline mikeandkristie

• Last Login:Today at 02:56:28 pm
AZ: Central Arizona Issues
« on: October 31, 2017, 11:40:55 am »
I found a few things while making updates for our trip to Arizona.

- AZ AZ89:  The southernmost waypoint is listed as US60.  US 60 actually splits a few miles south in Wickenburg and AZ 89 is actually branching off of US 93.  I think the waypoint name should be updated to reflect this.
- Around the Prescott/Prescott Valley area, I see some inconsistencies between AZ AZ89ASed and AZ AZ69. 
     - The third waypoint on AZ AZ89ASed is GreWesDr although the road is actually called Granite Dells Parkway.  It is also exit 319 which would match better     
        with the exit number waypoints 317, 318, 322, and 323 that are before and after it.
     - On AZ AZ69, there is also a waypoint called GreWesDr which is at Great Western Dr.  But, this is a right in / right out turn by a few businesses without even
       a stoplight, so I'm not sure why it is a waypoint.  Since it has the same waypoint name as the one listed above, I think there is some mix up with the names.
     - On AZ AZ89ASed, exit and waypoint 322 is Glassford Hill Rd.  The map colors it in as a major street and satellite view shows it is a 4 lane road over to AZ 69. 
       But, there is no corresponding waypoint there.  The next one is NavDr for Navajo Drive.  It is also four lanes, but it does not extend all the way to AZ 89A
       like Glassford Hill Rd does.
- Continuing north on AZ 89A (AZ AZ89ASed), around Clarkdale and Cottonwood.  AZ US89AHisCla connects to AZ AZ89ASed in Clarkdale and then comes back and rejoins it in Cottonwood.  On AZ AZ89ASed, there is the first connection in Clarkdale (11thSt), but no matching connection when it comes back in Cottonwood.  The waypoints jump from MinAve to AZ260.  As we drove on the historic section last Monday to reach Tuzigoot National Monument, we briefly had a break as there was no corresponding waypoint on AZ 89A to connect to, I had to pick AZ260 as the next waypoint.  It wasn't until we came back on Friday and drove the 89A bypass section that we connected this.  Still, the map draws a straight line between MinAve and AZ260, not reflecting the turn in the road, so if you zoom in enough on the map, these two roads don't join even though they do in real life.  So, I think there needs to be a waypoint on 89A where it meets back with the historic road which is labeled Main St.

Mike

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 03:02:45 pm

Offline mikeandkristie

• Last Login:Today at 02:56:28 pm
Re: AZ: Central Arizona Issues
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 04:02:53 pm »
Thank you.  Looks like you cleared up all but the last item.  That would be the corresponding point on AZ AZ89ASed for when AZ US89AHisCla returns back and meets the road again.  This would correspond to the AZ89A_N waypoint on AZ US89AHisCla.  It seems to be labeled South Main St on the map when it returns in Cottonwood.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 03:02:45 pm