Author Topic: MD: possible MD485 inclusion  (Read 2397 times)

Offline vespertine

• Last Login:January 15, 2024, 09:49:44 pm
MD: possible MD485 inclusion
« on: October 18, 2017, 05:05:04 pm »
Though some Google mapping, I found that a piece of MD485 is signed.

MD485, on the books, consists of Saathoff Rd, a loop off of MD404 east of Hillsboro, and Shady Oak Ln, a spur off Saathoff Rd designated MD485A.  Strangely, only the Shady Oak Ln spur is signed, but as plain MD485.  So...does the spur qualify for entry into the HB as MD485?

v.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Re: MD: possible MD485 inclusion
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 01:48:46 am »
MD485, on the books, consists of Saathoff Rd, a loop off of MD404 east of Hillsboro, and Shady Oak Ln, a spur off Saathoff Rd designated MD485A.
Confirmed in the shapefiles.

Strangely, only the Shady Oak Ln spur is signed, but as plain MD485.
MDSHA = @$$holes.  >:(

So...does the spur qualify for entry into the HB as MD485?
It's signed, so I would say, in it goes. The fact that the main segment of MD485 isn't signed gives me some heartburn, but whatever...
Should it be included as MD485, or MD485A? Well... I'm not too intimately familiar with MD; I've just done some spot maintenance as needed, as there's no specific person in charge of maintenance here.
I looked into I-395A, I-895A & I-895B recently. If it's similar to those, vanilla MD485 may be the way to go.
A quick look at USAMD in the HB shows there's nothing with a letter suffix as part of the route name; everything in multiple segments is referenced by City/Abbrev instead. I'll look over a few of the routes that are included in multiple segments to try to gain some insight into what Tim did when developing this system several years ago.....
Yeah, vanilla MD485 it is. No City/Abbrev needed, as it'll be the only segment in the HB.
If in the future, MDSHA decides to sign the longer, main segment, then I guess we've just gotta live with that. :P
I'll get to work on adding this in shortly in the morning.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 02:01:53 am by yakra »
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca