Author Topic: TX: Falcon Lake area  (Read 3566 times)

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:27:44 am
TX: Falcon Lake area
« on: November 04, 2017, 09:46:08 pm »
I stopped at Falcon Lake State Park today and noticed a Texas Spur 2098 (not FM 2098, but separate and with the Texas Spur square).  Should that be included (I didn't drive it)?  I also drove all of Park Road 46, with the standard square.  Are we currently not including such routes?

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Re: TX: Falcon Lake area
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 12:50:48 am »
This is a spur of FM 2098. There are several (many?) other such spurs on the FM system. The few that I've looked at in GMSV were all signed with the same style shield as the regular State Spur system. Annoyingly. Confusingly. These routes would go in USATXF, Texas Farm-to-Market Roads, which is in my long-range plans.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Re: TX: Falcon Lake area
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 01:57:50 am »
I also drove all of Park Road 46, with the standard square.  Are we currently not including such routes?
Currently not including them. They're considered their own system by TXDOT. It would be possible to add them (as their own discrete system would seem to make the most sense), but I haven't given the thought much more than a meh. It'd be a low priority, after the FM roads.

longer response posted here
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca