Author Topic: usawy (Wyoming State Highways)  (Read 54721 times)

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:42:46 pm
usawy (Wyoming State Highways)
« on: January 26, 2016, 08:13:05 am »
This system is almost ready to activate. Are there any more changes that need to be made?

Datacheck errors that need looking at:

none
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:40:51 am by si404 »

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:38:25 am
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
Re: usawy (Wyoming State Highways)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 09:55:35 am »
So for the WY 135 distance error, it looked like it was routed to a new alignment in the area, so OldHwy135_N and S points could be added in there.

Some new thoughts:

The WY59ConDou route is not signed whatsoever (at least it wasn't in May when I was in Douglas), and the state maintenance only extends along the "triangle" of old WY 59 routings, and not into downtown (https://www.google.com/maps/@42.778678,-105.3798923,17z).

This is kinda nitpicky, but could the WY 73 ending point be BaiLim instead of Bai? I don't know the procedure here, but Bai just seems... weird.

Other than that it looks perfectly awesome!
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 03:48:15 pm »
I second BaiLim.
I mean to give this (and usain & usaco) a proper peer review but real life calls...
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 03:56:26 pm »
I second BaiLim.
I mean to give this (and usain & usaco) a proper peer review but real life calls...
Or what it has been changed to now (in Si's pull request - BlueBellAve_W) works fine too, although I think the point should be extended to the end of the secondary road in OSM, as I'm pretty sure I made the change where the pavement shifts (but I could be wrong).

EDIT: Oh, and WY 37 could be extended up to the end of the secondary road in OSM.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:05:43 pm by the_spui_ninja »
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 04:03:11 pm »
I've moved the point to the change in road type on OSM (and the label fits that, especially as it isn't at the town limits anymore).
I was hoping that you or someone else could give it the once over from a file-making point of view. In your own time - this being a preview system means not activating it ASAP matters less as Stats and Maps can be generated from it.

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 04:23:43 pm »
I just found that the south (east?) end of WY 156 has been shifted south a few hundred feet; OSM has been updated accordingly.

Also, WY 213 has been realigned around Burns straight down to the interstate.

Also, the north end of WY 222 needs to be moved up to Experimental Farm Road.

WY 350 needs to be extended (usually, the road type changes in OSM are pretty accurate for these).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:41:43 pm by the_spui_ninja »

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 07:45:36 pm »
Or what it has been changed to now (in Si's pull request - BlueBellAve_W) works fine too,
I always took it that that was verboten:
For sudden ends at no particular intersection or landmark, the name of the continuing highway can be used if it begins where the highway in question ends, i.e., is not concurrent. Note that this case does not apply to adding extra waypoints to ramps of the final interchange of a highway, since the waypoint for the center of the interchange is understood to include the end.
I would say that End is appropriate here, if we're sure it's not actually at the corp. limit.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 11:01:15 pm »
Or what it has been changed to now (in Si's pull request - BlueBellAve_W) works fine too,
I always took it that that was verboten:
For sudden ends at no particular intersection or landmark, the name of the continuing highway can be used if it begins where the highway in question ends, i.e., is not concurrent. Note that this case does not apply to adding extra waypoints to ramps of the final interchange of a highway, since the waypoint for the center of the interchange is understood to include the end.
I would say that End is appropriate here, if we're sure it's not actually at the corp. limit.
Like I said, I didn't know the standard, so whatever works works.

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 11:11:49 pm »
I can't believe it took me this long to notice this, but the Casper West Belt is open and signed as Wyoming 257.
http://trib.com/news/local/casper/much-anticipated-west-belt-loop-bypass-opens-thursday-in-casper/article_d74ba80c-5b19-5b37-8121-bbdfea58e13b.html
OSM has been updated.

Offline sipes23

• Last Login:August 19, 2019, 12:44:31 am
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 08:40:20 pm »
I can't believe it took me this long to notice this, but the Casper West Belt is open and signed as Wyoming 257.
http://trib.com/news/local/casper/much-anticipated-west-belt-loop-bypass-opens-thursday-in-casper/article_d74ba80c-5b19-5b37-8121-bbdfea58e13b.html
OSM has been updated.

I almost mentioned this after I had seen it was on at about New Year's. I kept quiet becuase I figured someone else was on it. Oops.

Offline sipes23

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 06:50:33 pm »
Not to be a butt... Any word on this system?

I'm antsy for selfish reasons.

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 07:04:34 am »
I'm happy with it, but yaka said he'd like to peer review it, which I'm happy to wait for.

As its a preview system it's not like you can't map your travels on it.

Offline sipes23

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 04:34:38 pm »
Oh, I have.  8)

I'm just antsy to see it actually show up. That's all. Do know: I am so grateful of all of the work that you have put in on roads that are so far from your home.

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator

Offline sipes23

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2016, 02:03:56 pm »
Wizardry. The roads near Casper look right. I caught a couple of errors in my list file, but the roads I know about (i.e. the ones I have driven down personally) look good in the HB. I'll be "field checking" a couple more when I go to (probably) Dubois in the next month or so.