Author Topic: NE: R44B?  (Read 1854 times)

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:09:32 am
NE: R44B?
« on: September 01, 2018, 09:27:19 pm »
I couldn't find any discussion of the usanes system, so if there was a discussion of Recreation Roads, I haven't read it. Anyway, here's something I found a few weeks ago:

You may be able to see in the distance that it's signed on the route as well.

GMSV (2008) shows a corresponding sign near its north end (US 34).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:29:47 pm by mapcat »
Clinched:

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 01:38:28 pm
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
Re: NE: R44B?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 09:59:13 pm »
I know those exist but I've never seen one signed before. When I went through Valentine last spring, I didn't see any signage for R-16D, which is supposed to connect to NE 12 somehow on the north side of town.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 12:33:04 am »
Recreation Roads are not included in usanes.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 11:40:40 am »
Why not? They're all part of a secondary system in the state.

https://nebraskalegislature.gov/FloorDocs/Current/PDF/Intro/LB1009.pdf

Quote from: Nebraska State Legislature
39-2103 Rural highways are hereby divided into ten nine functional classifications as follows:

(5) Scenic-recreation, which shall consist of highways or roads located within or which provide access to or through state parks, recreation or wilderness areas, other areas of geographical, historical, geological, recreational, biological, or archaeological significance, or areas of scenic beauty;

(10) ...The rural highways classified under subdivisions (1) through (4) of this section should, combined, serve every incorporated municipality having a minimum population of one hundred inhabitants as determined by the most recent federal decennial census or the most recent revised certified count by the United States Bureau of the Census or sufficient commerce, a part of which will be served by stubs or spurs, and along with rural highways classified under subdivision (5) of this section, should serve the major recreational areas of the state.

https://www.aaroads.com/nebraska/

Quote from: AARoads

Nebraska state routes are generally divided into three groups: primary, secondary links, and secondary spurs. The primary routes are usually one or two digits but sometimes are three-digit routes. The secondary system allows for connections from the primary system (Interstate, U.S., or Nebraska Primary) to towns and cities throughout the state. If the secondary route connects two routes (perhaps into or through a city or town), the secondary state route is called a “link.” If the connection leads into a city or town without reconnecting to a state route, the secondary state route is called a “spur.” Occasionally, a third designation for secondary state routes for connections to state parks and recreational areas is used; these are called “recreation road.”

http://www.nebraskaroads.com/roads/index.html#ls

Quote from: Nebraska Roads
Nebraska's link and spur highways connect small towns to the outside world; provide access to state parks and recreation areas; and link longer state, US, and Interstate highways to other parts of Nebraska's highway system. The first numbering system for Nebraska's "minor" highways, which added a third or fourth digit to a two- or three-digit route, was adopted in 1957; the current one, which numbers the routes by county and a letter suffix, was adopted around 1971.
Nebraska also has a third highway of this class, the recreation road (it is abbreviated in the same way as link and spur highways). Recreation roads are designated by the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, but are maintained by the Nebraska Department of Roads. They are not signed on Nebraska's highways (with at least one exception). Also, they are not listed individually in the offical Nebraska route log, but are noted at junctions with other routes. Recreation roads are listed with link and spur routes for each county.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nebraska_Connecting_Link,_Spur,_and_Recreation_Highways

Quote from: Wikipedia
Nebraska Connecting Link, Nebraska Spur, and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system. They connect small towns and state parks to the primary Nebraska highway system. All of these highways are maintained by the Nebraska Department of Roads.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 11:43:04 am by mapcat »
Clinched:

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 03:34:21 pm »
These don't have entries in the Log Book, we don't have clear begin & endpoints, and the vast majority are unsigned. Leaving them all out is the simplest way to go.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 07:08:37 pm »
Fair enough.
Clinched: