Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Updates to Highway Data / Re: ROU: A0 opening
« Last post by panda80 on Yesterday at 09:53:48 am »
R41:
R41 is not signed along R500 to N14. The signs at N14 have R41 in parentheses or don’t mention it at all, and the signs at R500_S don’t mention R41 turning north.
Whe: Should be Rd6.
TamRd_E: Should be TamSt_E.
Wikipedia and Google Maps say R41 stays on Tambotie/Van Riebeeck/6th to R28 and then has a brief concurrency. The RDDA says there is no concurrency at R28, and OSM has the route we have in TM. There are no signs with route numbers at any of the four intersections in question, so I guess we might as well leave this as it is.
Missing a point at M67 (Corlett Avenue) between R558 and NickTooBlvd.
M18: Should be M10.
I think the eastern terminus of R41 is wrong. While the route we have in TM matches Google Maps and Wikipedia’s route description, the RDDA and OSM have R41 following Marshall Street and Anderson Street to Simmonds Street, and then becoming R29. Signs on Sauer Street (one block west of Simmonds) match this latter routing, and I couldn’t find any signs matching the former.
R42:
While the RDDA, Wikipedia, OSM, and Google Maps all agree that R42’s southwestern terminus is R59, R42 is not signed at all along the 6.6-mile stretch south of the Gauteng/Free State border, despite the presence of numerous signs that should mention R42.
+X768763: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road signed for Vaal Eden.
Missing a point at M1 (Frikkie Meyer Boulevard) between R57 and AndPorBlvd.
AndPorBlvd: Should be M3.
Missing a point at R716 (Ascot On Vaal Road) between AndPorBlvd and R59_E.
RhoAve: Should be GenHerRd_W.
+X545973: Could be replaced with a visible point at this road signed for Schikfontein. (There may be a road number attached to the bottom of the sign, but I can’t make it out.)
Consider adding a point at the intersection of H.F. Verwoerd Street and Louw Street (between R23 and N3). Louw Street is signed as an R42 truck route.
M63: Is not M63. Should be 3rdLn.
R43:
AlbSt: Should be AlbSt_S.
+X927847: Could be replaced by a visible point at Hawston View Road.
GeoVilSt: Should be GeoVilRd.
In Hermanus, R43 is signed onto Royal Street and Lord Roberts Street.
PeaBea: Should be MainRd.
+X192107: Could be replaced by a point at this road signed for Buffelsjagsbaai.
While what we have in TM for the eastern terminus of R43 matches OSM, the RDDA and Wikipedia don’t clarify where exactly R43 ends. R43 is signed in parentheses (northbound only) at RatRd_N and without parentheses (northbound only) at the next road to the west. The first southbound signage is at PeaBea.
R44:
R365_W: Should be R365.
R365_E: Is not R365.
Sau: Should be HoofWeg_N or HoofWeg_Sar.
HoofWeg: Should be HoofWeg_S or HoofWeg_Wel.
LicRd: Should be R312.
+X165087: Could be replaced by a visible point at Suid-Agter Paarl Road/Kuilenberg Road.
+X368159: Could be replaced by a visible point at Valley Road.
SteAir: Should be AerRd.
OldMainRd: Should be R102.
R45:
CampSt: Should be KampSt.
R45 may have been rerouted to bypass Vredenburg to the south. The western end of the new alignment (which predates the completion of the eastern section of the new alignment) is not currently signed to indicate R45 turns, but the new interchange with R27 is signed for R45. One sign at the new intersection near the eastern end of the new alignment says R45 turns north to resume its old alignment, but the sign on the opposite side of the intersection does not indicate that R45 turns. The other signs at the intersection indicate that R45 continues straight onto the new alignment. The old intersection with R27 remains signed for R45 over 3 years after the completion of the new alignment. Regardless of whether R45 gets split into two routes or merely rerouted, the now-orphaned piece of old R45 alongside Langebaanweg Air Force Base will need to be dealt with.
R46:
+X268827: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road signed for Riebeeksrivier.
+X684338: Could be replaced by a visible point at Hermon Street.
Tul: Should be StaSt.
+X390885: Could be replaced by a point here, at VanDerStelSt.
Wol: Should be VooSt.
+X546603: Could be replaced with a visible point at Swaarmoed Pass Road_W.
+X680543: Could be replaced with a visible point at this road signed for Droëhoek.
+X770651: Could be replaced with a visible point at Swaarmoed Pass Road_E.
R48:
R704: Should maybe be split into two points. Though the RDDA and Wikipedia say R704 ends at R48, it is signed into Koffiefontein.
+X191365: Could be replaced with a visible point at this road, which I think is S583.
Rel: Should be S572.
+X114545: Could be replaced with a visible point at S1158.
Pet: Should be VisSt.
+X144669: Could be replaced with a visible point at this road signed for Rooipoort.
Kar: Should be CarRd.
R348: I think we should add a point on each side of R348, where through traffic on R48 would briefly leave it.
Trail of Tears:

begins on US 76 in Ellijay GA
both ways on old US 411:
going north on old US 411, staying with US 76 but crossing US 411 to SR 225 ("Roundup Route"). The roundup route goes south to end at Craigtown Road, and north to where? It seems that signs disappear in favor of Georgia's Old Federal Road.
going south on old US 411, I can't find any more signs.

More to come?
Updates to Highway Data / Re: MI: Add Points
« Last post by extremebandman on April 21, 2024, 08:29:01 pm »
Visiting the area and signs were posted to turn off where I did to get to the route not realizing I was shortchanging myself there. I'll be back in that area this week so hoping I'll have some time to finish it up. :)
In-progress Highway Systems & Work / Re: zafr: South Africa Main Provincial Roads
« Last post by shiggins on April 21, 2024, 04:41:03 pm »
R36:
+X182047 and +X110221: Both could be replaced by a single visible point at this road signed for Daviesville.
D3180: Where did you get this number from? OSM says this is D447, but there isn’t a number signed at the intersection. The road is signed for Modjadji.
Mod: Should be ChaMabSt.
R36 does not enter downtown Tzaneen. Southbound, it’s signed turning right onto Circle Drive just past D523. Northbound, it’s signed turning left onto Claude Wheatley Street.
StiSt: Should be D2283.
+X256558: Could be replaced by a visible point at D1714.
Dan: Should be D673.
Sas: Should be D3763.
Ram: Should be D4062.
Bis: Should be D3900.
Mora: Should be D3387.
Tha: This point is not at an intersection. It should be moved here.
Tsw: This point is south of all the intersections in Tswenyane.
Missing a point at R555 between R532 and Ohr.
+X509290: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road signed for Bosoord.
Geo: Should be Goe. (This also needs to be changed on the N4Sch point.)
R541: This intersection has been converted to an overpass with no access between the two roads.
N4_W: This intersection has been removed, and a new interchange has been built a bit to the west.
MalSt: This is the new western terminus of R541. R541 is signed east from here and west from the intersection of Molen Street and Potgieter Street.
R517_E: Should be R517. See below.
R517_W: It seems R542 has been extended along what OSM labels as R517 between N11 and Breyten. There are no signs at R36, but the road is signed as R542 at N11. (N11’s point will also need to be changed to either R542 or R542_E, depending on whether we add a second R542 or consider it an unsigned concurrency with R38 and N11 through Hendrina.)
R37:
Leb: Should maybe be R518. OSM and Wikipedia place the western terminus of R518 here. The RDDA places it at R579, but it is signed eastbound from R579.
There’s a 57.72-mile stretch without any visible points through a pretty densely populated area between Leb and DerGel. You could put a point at D4169. I think this stretch deserves multiple new visible points, but I did not find any other roads signed with a road name or number.
R555: Should be R555_W.
Leg: Should be R555.
+X658532: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road signed for Beetgekraal.
Hen: Should be D421/D729.
I think we have the wrong southern terminus for R37. All the signs at ToR40 say that R37 turns toward R40, not R104. Wikipedia says R37 ends at R40, but the RDDA has the route we currently have in TM.
R38:
You could break up a 26.77-mile stretch with no visible points between R39 and Mil by adding one at D516.
BetEast: This point is not at an intersection. It should be moved one block south and renamed HolSt_S.
R542: R542 has seemingly been extended to Breyten. If we consider it an unsigned concurrency with R38 and N11 through Hendrina, then this will need to be changed to R542_W.
+X925408: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road signed for Leliefontein.
+X644005: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road signed for Jessievale.
+X792548: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road signed for Grootkop.
GenSt: Should be P10.
+X915931: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road in and signed for Low’s Creek.
R39:
+X686291: Could be replaced by a visible point a ways to the east at this road previously signed for Nelspan.
R40:
Pha: Should be MicaRd.
SerRd: There is not an intersection here.
D4419: This road is signed with two different names (but no D number) at the same intersection: “Tulamahashe Road” and “Rd to Acornhoek.”
Tsa: This point is placed between two intersections, and it’s not clear with which it supposed to be associated.
+X972259: Could be replaced with a visible point at this road previously signed for Mokhululine.
ArtSto: Should be MainRd.
+X997628: Could be replaced with a visible point at this road signed for Graskop.
NumPark: Should be Num. “Numbipark” is one word.
+X673056: Could be replaced with a visible point at this road signed for Kiepersol.
+X539466: Could be replaced with a visible point at this road signed for Spitskop.
+X602990: Could be replaced with a visible point at this road signed for Swartfontein.
ToR37: I think we have the wrong southern terminus for R37. All the signs at ToR40 say that R37 turns toward R40, not R104. Wikipedia says R37 ends at R40, but the RDDA has the route we currently have in TM.
GenSt: Should be P10.
https://www.nps.gov/orgs/1453/road-signs.htm lists all the trails:
California Trail
El Camino Real de Tierra Adentro
El Camino Real de los Tejas
Mormon Pioneer
Old Spanish Trail
Oregon Trail
Pony Express
Santa Fe Trail
Trail of Tears
https://www.nps.gov/orgs/1453/index.htm also includes Butterfield Overland and Route 66.
Utah: California Trail, Mormon Pioneer, and Pony Express use old US 30 thru Echo, SR 65, presumably all the way to I-80 (unless they use Emigration Canyon Road?)
Wyoming also signs them, but I haven't looked in detail yet.
I'm partway through WY, and struggling to work out Idaho, so perhaps look at Nebraska or Nevada instead?

I was unable to find anything in Nebraska with a quick search.

California Trail in Nevada (shared with Pony Express west of Fallon):
SR 88 north to SR 206 north to US 395 north thru downtown Carson City (but also US 50 west of US 395) to US 50 east to US 95 north, then presumably east on I-80 but I can't find any more signs until West Wendover (including onto I-80 east).

https://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/tour-route-nevada.htm claims the Pony Express simply uses US 50 and US 93/93 Alt east of Fallon, but I can't find any signs.

Pony Express also has a local tour route on SR 207 to end at US 50.
In-progress Highway Systems & Work / Re: usatr: United States select tourist routes
« Last post by mapcat on April 21, 2024, 08:22:35 am »
Wisconsin LMCT is missing one of WI 57's waypoints between CRP_DooE and CRWD_Doo.
Updates to Highway Data / ROU: A0 opening
« Last post by michih on April 21, 2024, 05:37:51 am »
The section between DN4 and DN5 is also in service now: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/1464920/post-188118080
It's the extension of https://travelmapping.net/hb/showroute.php?r=rou.a000jil
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10