Author Topic: Please test new clinched page  (Read 4286 times)

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 08:47:31 am
Please test new clinched page
« on: June 13, 2016, 09:12:44 pm »
My last update to the existing web interface is to the page showing shields for all clinched routes:

http://tmtest.teresco.org/shields/clinched.php

In addition to making use of the new common code base, it also now has a pair of radio buttons to choose to display all traveled routes in addition to its previous functionality of showing all clinched routes.

All of my changes from the last few days will likely move over to the main tm.teresco.org site tomorrow unless I hear major objections.  I know there are many issues to be addressed but I don't want to wait to move what we have do far over to the main site unless there's something on tmtest that's "more broken" than what's on tm.

Thanks for all the feedback so far.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
Re: Please test new clinched page
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 09:15:41 pm »
Also in regard to the shield generator, that's code I have not had my hands in and I have not touched it and have no immediate plans to do so.  Perhaps Thing342, who contributed that code (and a whole lot more), can comment on any plans going forward with that, such as supporting more shield styles.

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:32:27 am
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 09:22:43 pm »
I seem to be missing shields for the WV routes I have traveled.  I have WV 9 and WV 45 listed, but I do not see WV 112 or WV 598 for some reason (both clinched and it is the same way for just the clinched routes).

Note that I checked the current clinched page and saw the same issue.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 09:42:04 pm by Markkos1992 »

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 10:16:40 pm »
I seem to be missing shields for the WV routes I have traveled.  I have WV 9 and WV 45 listed, but I do not see WV 112 or WV 598 for some reason (both clinched and it is the same way for just the clinched routes).

Thanks.  They're coming out of the DB correctly but the shields just aren't being generated.  I'm going to try something but I already don't see how the WV shields are different from the generic ones that most systems have.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 10:29:05 pm »

It looks like the template for 3-digit WV routes were never completed.  It's just a partial SVG file implementation, which ended up showing up as nothing.  I've removed those for now, so WV routes should display correctly but with the generic shield.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 10:30:31 pm »

It looks like the template for 3-digit WV routes were never completed.  It's just a partial SVG file implementation, which ended up showing up as nothing.  I've removed those for now, so WV routes should display correctly but with the generic shield.

Or I could have noticed that there was already a github issue related to this:

https://github.com/TravelMapping/Web/issues/47

Offline mvak36

• Last Login:September 29, 2023, 09:36:33 am
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 11:37:13 pm »
When I click on a clinched road, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tmdb_query() in /home/www/tmtest/shields/shieldgen.php on line 12

Maybe it has something to do with being on the test site?

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 04:39:05 am »
I get the same error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function tmdb_query() in /home/www/tmtest/shields/shieldgen.php on line 12

TypeError: a is null

Offline Ib3kii

• Milwaukeye
  • Last Login:January 12, 2023, 02:02:21 pm
  • I want to be the first one to collect them all!
    • Travel Mapping User Page
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 05:06:06 am »
I get the exact same error as well.

Thanks,
-The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step... on the gas.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 09:15:21 am »
My fixes to shields/clinched.php have broken the highway browser on the tmtest site.  Shouldn't be hard to fix, but it might not happen right away.  Thanks for the reports.

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:March 26, 2024, 09:50:25 am
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 09:18:22 am »
Looks great. The "shields" for GBR A(M)'s on mine have an inconsistent height (due to differing lengths), so you might want to change the size parameter for that set to a uniform height, rather than width.
Clinched:

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 10:03:18 am »
Looks great. The "shields" for GBR A(M)'s on mine have an inconsistent height (due to differing lengths), so you might want to change the size parameter for that set to a uniform height, rather than width.

Added an issue on GitHub.

https://github.com/TravelMapping/Web/issues/71

I haven't had a chance to learn about how the SVG stuff works that generates the shields.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 11:47:34 am »
I've fixed the problem with the HB that I introduced when I messed with some of the code in the shield generator.  It seems to be OK from my end now.  Starting a new thread in a minute about the HB update.

Offline Highway63

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 16, 2024, 01:40:37 am
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 07:55:26 pm »
Neat!

All numbers but the 2dis are underlined, since they're linking to pages. Should the underline be taken out or kept to show it's clickable?

The business interstates don't have shields but do have the state names. The US Auxiliary routes are the opposite case, with shields but no identifying information unless you hover. For example, I have nine 61's in a row, and the Business 63 Ottumwa icon is blank for some reason.