Author Topic: Graph index page  (Read 3389 times)

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:00:41 pm
Graph index page
« on: June 21, 2017, 11:46:32 am »
There's an improved graph index page up now:

http://tm.teresco.org/graphs/

It still needs work, but should be a little easier to manage.

I hope soon to update HDX to the development version that can load graph files directly without the download/upload steps.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
Re: Graph index page
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 02:02:35 pm »
Some big fixes and improvements were made in just the short time since my previous message.  Comments and suggestions welcome.

A upcoming enhancement (once HDX is ready for this) will be to add links to pages that will load the graphs right into HDX in addition to the links that allow graphs to be downloaded.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 02:35:49 pm
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 02:42:17 pm »
Thanks, it's really getting better :)

I don't like that the columns have a fixed (too wide) width and the "Filter by graph type" should rather be large to small than alphabetically, e.g. all,master, continent,country,multi-region,region,multi-system,system,area. There are some typos, e.g. region or system. Selection boxes are usually left-aligned on TM, e.g. stat.php or hb, but it's centered here ("Search" might remain right-aligned).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 02:47:04 pm by michih »

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 02:35:49 pm
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 02:49:40 pm »
Why does "country" filter only output countries with more than one region, e.g. Canada but not "normal" countries, e.g. Italy or Russia?

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 04:26:14 pm »
Why does "country" filter only output countries with more than one region, e.g. Canada but not "normal" countries, e.g. Italy or Russia?

Only because I didn't worry about that in my initial revamp, not seeing an obvious good way to do it.  It would be easy in some cases but consider something like France, which is a region that would be what most people would be thinking of when they choose the country France, but then there's the country graph that include outlying territories.