Author Topic: PA: US 322 Points near Harrisburg and West Chester  (Read 3238 times)

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 05:49:10 am
PA: US 322 Points near Harrisburg and West Chester
« on: July 02, 2017, 08:50:45 pm »
Should a point be added for the Derry St interchange in the middle of the Eisenhower Interchange?  IMO, it is its own interchange within an interchange.

Also I am unsure if Pottstown Pike should be added as an alternate point at the High St interchange on the 2-lane portion of the West Chester Bypass.  I looked up different sources including Chester County GIS and was unable to exactly determine where Pottstown Pike becomes High St.  (the best guess I have is the West Chester borough line which seems to be at the Goshen Rd intersection)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 09:20:22 pm by Markkos1992 »

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 11:18:57 pm
  • I like C++
Re: PA: US 322 Points near Harrisburg and West Chester
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 03:18:41 am »
Should a point be added for the Derry St interchange in the middle of the Eisenhower Interchange?  IMO, it is its own interchange within an interchange.
Ambivalent on this one; I'm not moved to go to the trouble of editing the file. :)

Also I am unsure if Pottstown Pike should be added as an alternate point at the High St interchange on the 2-lane portion of the West Chester Bypass.  I looked up different sources including Chester County GIS and was unable to exactly determine where Pottstown Pike becomes High St.  (the best guess I have is the West Chester borough line which seems to be at the Goshen Rd intersection)
Service is to/from the north only, which is Pottstown Pike per your description. Signage is TO POTTSTOWN PIKE. I can get behind making this change. If the Baltimore Pike is any indication, Tim used the "Pk" abbreviation when drafting PA's route files. Thus, "PotPk", with HighSt (in use) retained as an alternate label.
https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/1422
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 11:18:57 pm
  • I like C++
Re: PA: US 322 Points near Harrisburg and West Chester
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 02:36:06 pm »
Pull Request merged. I guess I'll just declare the Eisenhower interchange to be fine on "One Point Per Interchange" grounds, to be able to mark this thread as solved for housekeeping purposes.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca