Author Topic: SC: Suggested Waypoint for US21  (Read 2151 times)

Offline mikeandkristie

• Last Login:March 20, 2024, 07:58:41 pm
SC: Suggested Waypoint for US21
« on: November 14, 2017, 12:41:05 pm »
I would like to suggest a new waypoint for US 21 in South Carolina.  This would be on the southern end, just east of Beaufort.  On the waypoint list, it would be near the top.  Between, FolRd and US21BusBea_S, there is a road labeled either as State Rd S-7-45 or Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr depending on which map source I look at.  It is roughly halfway between these two points.  I think this intersection is significant because of the new Reconstruction Era National Monument that was established by President Obama back in January under the National Park Service.  The park unit is still getting up and running, but two of its locations, the Brick Baptist Church and the Penn Center are about a mile down this road.  So, I think this is a point that National Park enthusiasts will be turning at moving forward.  I bring this up for selfish reasons as we will be visiting it next month and I noticed this while scoping out our route.  As a point of reference, there appears to be a Quality Inn at this intersection and from Google Maps, I got the coordinates as 32.397037, -80.576335.

Mike

Offline mapmikey

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:31:39 am
    • Co-curator Virginia Highways Project
Re: SC: Suggested Waypoint for US21
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 01:06:52 pm »
sure...submitted