Author Topic: Europe Tier-4 systems progress superthread (UNECE)  (Read 7472 times)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:07:41 am
Re: Europe Tier-4 systems progress superthread (UNECE)
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2017, 12:21:34 pm »
I see that nobody is in charge of itass. Do you want me to take care of it?

Geduld!* Maintenance is done by region not by system. Si is responsible for Italy. He should usually start drafting itass one day. I guess he still has a lot of other systems started and don't wanna interupt that work?!

It's generally not favored that a new contributor starts drafting a system. See "How to Participate" on the start page.

We had a similar situation with espn earlier this year. I've drafted the system (because I wanted to travel Spain in May) but Si is still responsible for maintenance. Pepe helped by checking Google Street View if the routes are really signed in the field.

I'd love to have itass drafted because I also have some mileage there but I'm quite busy with Belgium Route Nationale / Gewestwegen which is also a tier 4 system (= similar priority). In addition, I've started to draft the German Landesstraßen system and Norway Primære Fylkesveier.

If Si doesn't want to start itass "soon" (this year?) you could help like Pepe did and check GSV and I could draft the system. You could directly start reporting in the itass thread where each route begins and ends and I could start drafting the routes approximately in September when beln is done.

*When I was in Torino for the first time, I made a workshop with my Italian colleague. Unfortunately our software wasn't stable and crashed quite often. I was impatient and always wanted to kill the process but Guiseppe said that our software sometimes needs more time and he told me a new "Italian" word: Geduld! :D

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 07:56:42 am
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2017, 06:23:51 am »
I'm aiming to make a start on itass some point this week.

Offline Spinoza

• Last Login:February 15, 2018, 09:13:42 am
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2017, 10:20:29 am »
I didn't know that. I didn't mean to put any pressure :)

If you ever need me, just ask :)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:07:41 am
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2017, 03:51:19 pm »
grceo - Greece Ethniki Odos (si404)

Started.

rusr - Russia Regional Roads (system not fully signed until 2018) (si404)
rusa - Russia Access Roads (system not fully signed until 2018) (si404)

I guess Si will draft the remaining routes in 2018 or once GSV is updated?
These are in the same situation of me just not caring enough to do further work on it. Maybe they'll get done next year, but something would need to change. It would be less annoying if there was a Latin-alphabet open-source tile-mapping (like MQ Open Data) that I could use. Greece is a higher priority than Russia.

Here Maps uses Latin-alphabet and minimum the Greek and Russian village names are shown. You might draft the routes in the wpt editor with numbers and load them in the TM HB with Here Maps layer.... Still painful but better than now...

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 07:56:42 am
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2017, 04:23:56 pm »
That sounds like far more hard work than transliteration, which I can do with Greek and Cyrillic reasonably quickly (especially once I get into it).